Hari Raya Di Perantauan : Australia Bumi Bertuah

Festive greetings from Melbourne everybody. It's winter and it's freakin' cold. And yes, this is my first time celebrating Hari Raya abroad. I would say it's not as lively as compared to the celebration that we usually had in Malaysia. But it's a bless to celebrate it with Malaysian society living in Melbourne, and I just met a bunch of Malaysian guys travelling all the way from Adelaide City to celebrate Hari Raya with us at Consulate General office in Melbourne. Alhamdulillah after performed solat sunat hari raya around 8.30 am, the makan-makan feast started straight away. Lol.

So we still have a usual hari raya dishes such as kuah lontong, kuah kacang, nasi himpit, nasi beriyani etc, overall I can call it a complete hari raya celebration except ; my songkok, my family and friends. It's a part of being Malaysian at heart no matter where you are in the world and yes, I'm proud to wear my baju melayu all day long and take a walk around the city for our hari raya photoshoot with my friend. Hati Malaya beb. Lol.    

Although this is my first time around I haven't back for Raya, I am absolutely thinking of my kampung and family during my wake and sleep and I really hope I can celebrate Hari Raya with my family and friends in Malaysia next year. Insya Allah.

Nevertheless, I am deeply thinking of all of you and would like to wish you all the following;
"Happy Eid Mubarak"
"Minal aidin wal faidzin"
”Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir Batin"

And with this opportunity, I also would like to apologize any wrong doings or harsh words I might have made to everyone. Have a blessful hari raya. Here are some photos taken on the first day of Syawal in Malaysian General Consulate in Melbourne. Salam Aidilfitri everyone.




Comments

Popular Posts